Many people visit Canada either for leisure, business conferences or to visit family. Nevertheless, proper documentation is required to enter Canada.
The countries which are exempted from Visa do not need a Temporary Resident Visa to enter the country. Though it may seem quite easy to fulfill the requirements to obtain a visitor’s visa, it can get a little risky.
Even If you provide all the required documentation for your Visa application, a Citizenship and Immigration Officer can reject your application if you do not have strong valid reasons to return to your home country.
Therefore, it is essential to prove strong ties to your home country through valid return tickets, property investments back home or immediate family ties. The stronger ties you have in your home country, the more chances of the application getting approved.
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for a tourist visa, you will need to prove to the immigration authorities the following things:
- You have a valid passport
- You are in good health
- You have the financial resources means required to pay for your expenses while in Canada
- You have a residence outside Canada and other binding ties that will ensure your return home after your visit to Canada
- You plan to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period of time
- You intend to leave Canada at the end of your visit
- You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in Canada
- You have no criminal record
- You do not pose a security risk
- You agree to abide by the laws of the land
- You may be required to undergo a medical examination
Steps while applying for a Visitor Visa:
- Fill out the tourist visa application form
- Pay the processing fee
- Visit local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC)
- Submit over your application form
- Track your application online
With immaculate documentation, we at Wise Advice make it easy for the applicants to complete this process.
Visitor Viza Extension
If you are currently within Canada, you will have a stamp within your passport which will state how long you are allowed to stay in Canada under that visa. If you want to continue visiting Canada you will have to apply for an extension at least 30 days before the expiry date occurs. If the expiry date passes while your application is in process with the CIC you will still be considered legally within Canada until CIC responds to your application.
You may submit your application online, but it is immensely important that you file all of the necessary forms correctly. If they aren’t your application will be returned to you and you may have to leave Canada.